Alex and I had a great time yesterday learning about Baby Bjorn and two clever and useful products they’ll be introducing to market this October. The first is a new seat for the 3+ set. It’s a booster seat that straps easily to any size chair and is great for the kiddos that have gorwn out of the high chair but still need a "boost." Its design makes for easy clean up. The booster was very light so it seemed great for travel. The seat will retail around $79.
The second product was a cradle meant for babies 0 – 6 months or until the baby is sitting up on its own. It’s a great option when you bring the baby home. Some of the few things we loved about the cradle were:
- Instead of rocking, the legs allowed for more of a gentle bouncy rhythm just by touching the bassinet which would allow for quick soothing. The company went this route because recent studies have shown rocking bassinets can pose risks for the crib toppling over or causing the baby to get stuck.
- The cradle was clean, sleek and beautiful and made with materials you can trust. Since Baby Bjorn products have to go through European standards first, they are of top tier quality in the US market.
- The sizes of the cradle t are a breathable mesh cream material that can be easily unzipped for throwing in the wash.
- The cradle is very light and easy to move around. It folds up neatly and compactly for easy storage when you are finished with it. It doesn’t allow for easy fold up every day though.
- There is an adorable canopy option to purchase alongside the bassinet. See pictured below.
- Its small size makes it a nice option for parents with minimal space and those opting for a more sleek look than a bassinet decorated with monkeys or the like.
The cradle will retail around $349 and the canopy is available for $79. A steep price point yes, but it would be a welcomed gift to any new mom that will last her through all her babies and any relatives/sisters she wants to share it with. We all know that Baby Bjorn products have a long shelf life.
A few tidbits that we learned about Baby Bjorn that we didn’t know:
- Baby Bjorn celebrated 50 years last year. We had no idea they've been around for so long.
- The original founders are 70+ years old and are still very involved in the company
- The products are made of the upmost quality materials that pose no concern if they are safe
- In addition to the smaller baby carrier for the 0 – 15 months, they also offer a carrier that helps support bigger tots. This carrier requires an insert if you want to use from the infant stage.
Those are just a few things we learned yesterday at the event hosted by Project Nursery, an inspiring blog featuring beautifully designed nurseries by real moms. Check it out, they’ve got some awesome ideas. I’ve already pinned a few for my baby’s nursery.
*UPDATE "Bassinet" has been changed to "Cradle."