Top 5 Things to Know About Breastfeeding Before Your Baby Comes
- Babies are not born hungry, the are born with a high need to suck. This holds true for the 1st and 2nd day of life.
- Sucking comforts babies and shuts out this crazy new world. When newborns cry, put them to breast.
- Babies should feed every 3 hours OR SOONER! There is no set pattern.
- The more a baby sucks at the breast, the more milk mom will release and faster.
- A proper latch should feel like strong pulling and tugging, not pinching or painful. If it does, unlatch the baby and start again.