For each of Nic’s birthdays, I’ve done a “non-goody bag” favor. Goody bags can be fun, but I prefer something a little different. Usually, my favors are a bit crafty, and for Nic’s 5th birthday, it was no different.
The boys and I made “art jars,” for each party goer. These were mason jars stuffed with craft supplies for Nic’s favorite activity, project-making. Here’s what we used:
- Mason jars
- Dyed pasta
- Popsicle sticks
- Old fashioned clothes pins
- Googly eyes
- Layard string
- Pom poms
- Glue sticks or tiny Elmer’s Glue (I actually didn’t put these in, but wish I had!)
- Gift tag
- Ribbon for tying on gift tags
If you can get a good deal on the mason jars, these are really inexpensive favors, and they look terrific! Scope out dollar stores for great deals on craft supplies.
These were really fun and easy to put together with the boys.
Pro Tip: Keep the mason jars in the boxes they come in. Do this for two reasons.
- When filling the jars with kids, a bunch of supplies end up between the jars. Having the box there makes clean up way easier.
- The boxes make the jars super easy to transport if you are having an off-site party.
The kids and parents all seems thrilled with the jars at Nic's party. I'm already coming up with ideas for more mason jar favors. What would you put inside?